Days out CAR SHARE
This is a new group, formed because we have noticed it is increasingly hard to fill a 56 seater coach and, for local visits, uneconomic. Instead we visit local attractions on a car share basis. We have several ideas for the future and would welcome more suggestions from U3A members.
On booking please let us know if you can offer transport or need a lift. Watch this space, see the newsletter, or keep your ears open at the monthly meeting for details of future trips. We plan to have a table at the monthly meeting most months.
Proposed trips for 2018 so far:
- Sun 15/4/18 Carpetbaggers Secret Warfare Museum, Harrington NN6 9PF with guided tour.
- Sun 13/5/18 Postponed from 2017. Twinwoods Airfield MK41 6AB 1940s museums.
- Mon 2/7/18 Wrest park MK45 4HR. English heritage members entrance free. Optional Archaeological store collection tour.
- 30th July or a Monday in August. Apethorpe Palace, PE8 5DJ
- See the Theatre Trips box below for further dates.
All dates to be confirmed.
More information on the Days Out table (although we will not be at the February or March meetings). Please come and tell us if these trips are of interest to you.
Offers and requests for transport contact us: we will be taking names from January meeting.
If you need any further information or want to pass on your thoughts on where we could go please contact the group leaders via the contact page.
We have 3 places in our car but please ring us for availability before booking.
Stantonbury Theatre, MK14 6NB. An easy journey with good parking and disabled facilities. Part of Stantonbury Campus: a small venue.
Friday 16/3/18, 7:30 pm. Carry On Jaywick, a play using residents' own words. Just right for anyone from Essex and beyond. Tickets £10 concessions.
Saturday 21/4/18 2:30 pm. The Vicar of Dibley, a play based on the TV series. Concessions £13.
Box-office 01908 324466